Online Teaching and Learning Content Expert Application
Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3.
The COVID-19 pandemic has and continues to reveal the breadth of higher education’s digital and technological divide. From an equity perspective, all faculty, staff, and students regardless of discipline, background, or experiences should have access to equitable teaching and learning environments. The Universities of Louisiana Online Teaching and Learning Content Expert would be responsible for enhancing the online learning infrastructure across the nine member institutions for students, faculty, and staff; providing equitable support solutions for all faculty (pedagogy and/or tech); and identifying and helping to implement support resources for faculty. Content Experts will be compensated $7,000 for their yearlong service.
Desired Applicant Characteristics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven innovation in addressing the content area
- Experience implementing programming for an organization
- Experience creating evaluation tools and implementation of programs/initiatives
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the content area
- Lead the Network of Online Learning Faculty and Professionals within the UL System
- Development of System-wide programming to address OER/AER best practices and innovations
- Introduce technology resources that may help faculty/staff teaching/learning with OER/AER
- Identify resources that can be used by faculty/staff/students with emphasis on historically disadvantaged individuals (first generation; adult learners; students of color; LGBTQ+, etc.)
- Continued development of a Online Learning page on the UL System Moodle site
- Create bite-sized videos to aid in information dissemination
- Create info-graphs (or like documents) based on best practice and research
- Create webinars
- Address issues with online learning that affect student success, teaching, enrollment and retention
- Introduce technology resources that may help faculty and staff teaching or learning online
- Contribute to the development of Adult Student Orientation for reintegration into higher ed (undergraduate level) for Compete LA
- Create resources to address Quality Matters and Course Design
Become a part of the UL System family
Support our mission to enhance the quality of life for Louisiana's citizens.