The Universities of Louisiana Outstanding Faculty Award is intended to recognize faculty with a commitment to higher education from within the University of Louisiana System. This award recognizes superior accomplishments in teaching, research and public service.
The selection process will begin in November 2018 with a deadline for submission of Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
The 2019 Outstanding Faculty Award will be presented at the Universities of Louisiana “For Our Future” Conference on February 15, 2019. Further details about the ceremony will be forthcoming.
A. Nomination Criteria
1. A nominee must possess a record of superior accomplishment that reflects strongly the mission of his/her institution. A nominee’s accomplishments will be judged in relation to the nature/type of his/her nominating institution. Recipients will be selected from across all universities within the University of Louisiana System.
2. A nominee must possess a record of superior accomplishment in the following three areas of scholarly endeavor: (i) TEACHING; (ii) RESEARCH; and (iii) SERVICE. A nominee will be judged in each of these three areas (within the context of Criterion #1 above). a. A record of superior accomplishment in the scholarship of TEACHING should contain clear and compelling evidence related to student development and learning. If a nominee is particularly proficient in the use of technology in teaching, evidence of this should be integrated into the record of teaching accomplishments. b. A record of superior accomplishment in the scholarship of RESEARCH should contain clear and compelling evidence related to: (i) scholarly works (objective, subjective, and/or artistic); (ii) scholarly activities (new knowledge and research); and (iii) meaningful connections between a nominee’s discovery and teaching. c. A record of superior accomplishment in the scholarship of SERVICE should contain clear and compelling evidence related to: the application of knowledge and expertise in the broader contexts of (i) institution; (ii) community/society; and (iii) professional service.
3. A nominee’s record of superior accomplishment must demonstrate clear and compelling evidence of the nature, level, and/or degree of a nominee’s: (i) involvement/ participation; (ii) effectiveness/success; (iii) impact/achievement; and (iv) recognition/acknowledgement in the areas of teaching, research, and service. The nature, level, and/or degree of this evidence must also be reflective of his/her institution’s type/mission.
B. Nomination Submissions
1. Nomination submissions should be submitted online by clicking below. Requested information will include: Nominator’s contact information, Candidate’s contact information and professional accomplishments, and “what makes this faculty member outstanding.”
2. Nominee will be contacted and asked to provide the following via email: abbreviated curriculum vitae, three letters of support and a personal statement addressing his/her educational philosophy and any other information deemed relevant by the nominee.
The Universities of Louisiana wish to honor those individuals who have left an indelible mark on the lives of their students and we thank you for taking the time for your nomination.
Deadline for submissions was December 5, 2018.