NORTHWESTERN STATE PRESIDENTIAL SEARCH COMMITTEE ADVANCES SIX SEMIFINALISTS
The Northwestern State University Presidential Search Committee selected six semifinalists to interview for the school’s top post.
“The search committee has fulfilled the first part of its mission by selecting a group of semifinalists with specific qualifications to lead Northwestern State University,” Committee Chair and System President Jim Henderson said. “Each of our nine member institutions is unique and I am confident that the best person to lead Northwestern State, my alma mater, is among these candidates.”
The semifinalists are:
• Nancy D. Albers, College of Business International Experience Coordinator, Louisiana State University Shreveport
• Marcus D. Jones, Interim President, Northwestern State University
• Darrell P. Kruger, Former Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Appalachian State University
• Kim M. LeDuff, Vice President, Division of Academic Engagement and Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer, University of West Florida, Pensacola
• Jeremy L. Thomas, Interim President, Oklahoma City Community College
• Virginia R. Van Sickle-Burkett, Chief Scientist, U.S. Department of Interior
The committee will interview the semifinalists on Northwestern’s campus the first week of November with opportunities for student and campus community involvement. The next Northwestern president will be selected by the full Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System at a special meeting scheduled for Nov. 8.
“I’d like to thank those individuals who showed interest in this position, we appreciate their attention to the university,” UL System Chair Liz Pierre said. “I look forward to meeting the six semifinalists in Natchitoches next month.”
Chairing the Northwestern State University Presidential Search Committee is UL System President and CEO Jim Henderson as a non-voting member. Voting members are NSU Faculty Senate President John Dunn and UL System Board Members Elizabeth Pierre, Jimmy Clarke, Barry Busada, Lola Dunahoe, Alejandro Perkins, Joe Salter and Student Board Member L’Oreal Williams.
Non-voting members are Retired Dean of NSU Creative and Performing Arts Bill Brent, NSU Alumni Association’s Nikki Caeser-Small, NSU SGA President Tja’h Edwards, NSU Alumni Association President Patricia Hrapmann, NSU Foundation Member Mike Knotts and NSU Foundation President John Manno, Jr.
All information regarding the search, including a video of today’s meeting, is posted at ULSystem.edu/nsusearch.