McNeese Presidential Search Committee to Select Semi-Finalists Next Week
BATON ROUGE – The McNeese State University Presidential Search Committee will meet in Baton Rouge on April 8 to review applications and select semi-finalist candidates to invite for interviews on campus.
WHAT: McNeese Presidential Search Committee Meeting
WHEN: 1 p.m., Thursday, April 8, 2010
WHERE: Conference Room, Southeastern Louisiana University School of Nursing, 4849 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA
The search process involves committee members selecting semi-finalist candidates to interview publicly on the campus, which will take place the week of April 12. After semi-finalist interviews, the committee may choose at least two candidates to recommend to the UL System Board of Supervisors.
To date, nine candidates have applied to the University of Louisiana System and three applications are pending. The nine completed applicants are:
- Mitchell Adrian, Dean of the College of Business at McNeese State University.Adrian earned a Doctor of Business Administration from Mississippi State University.
- Dean L. Bresciani, Adjunct Professor and former Vice President for Student Affairs at Texas A&M University.Bresciani earned a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Arizona.
- Kwo-Sun Chu, former Senior Executive at Sowela Technical Community College.Chu earned a Doctor of Philosophy from Kent State University.
- Jeanne Daboval, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at McNeese State University.Daboval earned a Doctor of Business Administration from Nova Southeastern University.
- John M. Garic, Dean of the College of Technology at Montana Tech.Garic earned a Juris Doctorate from Loyola University.
- Bahman Ghorashi, Dean of the College of Engineering at Cleveland State University.Ghorashi earned a Doctor of Philosophy from Ohio State University.
- Gwyndolyn McClellan, President/CEO of WIMAC and Valuable Quality Publishing Company.McClellan earned a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Kansas, a Doctor of Divinity from Oval Bible College and a Doctor of Biblical Studies from Mount Carmel Institute of Biblical Studies.
- Ashok K. Roy, Assistant Vice President for Finance and Associate Professor of Asian Studies at Kennesaw State University.Roy earned a Doctor of Philosophy from Sardar Patel University in India.
- Martin M. Shapiro, Professor of Marketing, Management and International Business at Berkeley Colleges.Shapiro earned a Doctor of Philosophy from New York University.
In addition to the public applicants, the search committee may consider recommendations from search consultants R. H. Perry & Associates. Candidate applications, the meeting agenda and other information can be found on the search website, www.ulsystem.edu/McNeeseSearch.
The 13-member search committee is comprised of UL System Board Members Paul Aucoin, Elsie Burkhalter, E. Gerald Hebert, Renee Lapeyrolerie, Jimmy Long, Sr., Russell Mosely, Carl Shetler, Winfred Sibille, Student Board Member Steven Jackson and McNeese faculty representative Linda Larson. Non-voting members are McNeese Student Government Association President Tim Rye and community representative Bob Davidson. UL System President Randy Moffett serves as the non-voting chair.
To submit questions and comments to the committee, you can send an email to [email protected].
Established in 1939, McNeese is classified as a Carnegie Master’s University. The University enrolls over 8,600 students and primarily serves the five-parish region of Southwest Louisiana.
EIGHT UNIVERSITIES STRONG: The largest higher education system in the state, the UL System enrolls almost 82,000 students at Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and the University of Louisiana at Monroe.