BATON ROUGE – The Grambling State University Presidential Search Committee today received eight applications of candidates recommended by the search firm, The Hollins Group.
The search committee will meet at 10 a.m. Friday in Baton Rouge (watch LIVE broacdcast here) to select semifinalists to interview on the Grambling campus June 2 and 3. The UL System Board will announce the new Grambling President in a special meeting on the North Louisiana campus at 11 a.m. on Thursday, June 4.
According to the consultants, there were four nominations and 49 complete applications. All of the candidates have executive-level experience and two are former presidents.
The eight candidates are listed below in alphabetical order with the highest degree earned and most recent position noted:
- McKinley Boston, Jr. (Ed.D. — New York University), Former Athletic Director New Mexico State University
- W. Wayne Brumfield (Ph.D. — Louisiana State University), Former Vice President for Student Affairs, the University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Thomas J. Calhoun, Jr. (Ph.D. – University of Washington), Vice President for Enrollment Management, University of North Alabama
- Glenda F. Carter (Ph.D. – University of Michigan), Executive Vice President and Provost and Professor of Education, Wiley College
- Janet A. Guyden (Ph.D. – Georgia State University), Interim Provost/Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, Grambling State University
- Willie D. Larkin (Ph.D. – Ohio State University), Chief of Staff, Office of the President, Morgan State University
- Gilbert L. Rochon (Ph.D. – Massachusetts Institute of Technology), President’s Council, University of New Orleans (former President, Tuskegee University)
- Earl G. Yarbrough (Ph.D. – Iowa State University), Former President, Savannah State University, University System of Georgia
The candidate applications can be downloaded from the UL System website, here.
Voting members of the Grambling Presidential Search Committee include UL System Board members Edward Crawford, III of Shreveport, Kelly Faircloth of Pineville, David Guidry of Natalbany, Board Chair E. Gerald “T-Boy” Hebert of Kenner, student board member Adam Lefort of Nicholls State University, Jimmy Long, Sr. of Natchitoches, Board Vice Chair Jimmie “Beau” Martin, Jr. of Cut Off, Shawn Murphy of Jonesboro, Mark Romero of Lafayette, and Winfred Sibille of Sunset. Recently-appointed student member to the board, Maggie Brakeville of Louisiana Tech University, will become a voting member when her term begins on June 1. Also serving as a voting member is Grambling Faculty Senate President Herbert Simmons.
Serving as advisory, non-voting members are Grambling National Alumni Association President Melissa Bickham, Grambling SGA President Jonathan Wallace and Grambling community representatives Howard Davis, Wilbert Ellis and Mildred Gallot. UL System President Sandra Woodley serves as non-voting committee chair.
The UL System has established a page on its website at www.ulsystem.edu/GramblingSearch for information about the Grambling Presidential Search. Questions and comments can be emailed to email@example.com.