BATON ROUGE – The search committee charged with finding a new president for the University of Louisiana at Monroe will meet in Baton Rouge on Oct. 5 to review applications and select semi-finalists. To date, nine candidates have applied publicly. Search consultants R.H. Perry and Associates are expected to bring additional candidates to the committee at the Oct. 5 meeting.
“I have been in close contact with the search consultants throughout this process. They have received over 50 credible leads for the ULM search from around the country, and I am confident their recommended candidates will add to an already impressive pool,” said UL System President and ULM Search Committee Chair Randy Moffett.
WHAT: ULM Presidential Search Committee Meeting
WHEN: 1 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2010
WHERE: Room 109, Southeastern Louisiana University School of Nursing, 4849 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA
PURPOSE: To select semi-finalists for the ULM Presidential Search
Although the committee will continue to accept applications until the position is filled, the nine candidates who have applied are:
- Nick J. Bruno, Vice President for Business and Finance at the University of Louisiana System. He earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi.
- Stephen M. Condon, President of Tennessee Wesleyan College. He earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi.
- Joe G. Delap, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor at Jacksonville State University. He earned a doctorate at Indiana University, Bloomington.
- John M. Garic, Chief Executive/Academic Officer and Dean at Montana Tech College of Technology. He earned a juris doctorate at Loyola University New Orleans.
- John M. Pierce, Executive Vice President and Principal at Mobile Enterprises, Inc. He earned a juris doctorate at Texas Wesleyan University School of Law.
- Franklin Lamar Pritchard, Jr., Professor and Dean of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Houston. He earned a doctorate at the University of Georgia.
- Stephen Paul Richters, Interim President at the University of Louisiana at Monroe. He earned a doctorate at Brown University.
- Jerry L. Wall, Professor of Management at Northwestern State University. He earned a doctorate at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
- A. Jay White, Dean of the School of Business at Indiana University Southeast. He earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi.
The tentative timeline calls for semi-finalist interviews on ULM’s campus the week of Oct. 11, finalist interviews and possible selection of a new president at the Oct. 22 UL System Board Meeting in Baton Rouge.
Voting members of the 14-member ULM Presidential Search Committee are UL System Board Members Andre Coudrain of Hammond, Mildred Gallot of Grambling, Edward Crawford of Shreveport, E. Gerald Hebert of Kenner, Jimmy Long, Sr. of Natchitoches, Renee Lapeyrolerie of New Orleans, D. Wayne Parker of Choudrant, Carl Shetler of Lake Charles, Winfred Sibille of Sunset, Student Board Member and ULM Student Government Association President Brook Sebren and faculty representative Anna Hill.
Non-voting, advisory members are community member Tex Kilpatrick, Monroe Mayor James E. “Jamie” Mayo and UL System President and committee chair Randy Moffett.
To learn more about the ULM Presidential Search including meeting agendas and candidate applications, visit www.ulsystem.edu/ULMSearch.